|How To Use The Singapore Logistics Capability Diagnosis Tool
The Singapore Logistics Capability Diagnosis Tool is a tool used to benchmark a company’s performance against the country’s logistics industry. It is therefore important to understand the correct use of this tool. To begin with, the login page would appear as soon as you enter the website.
Register and Sign Up
All first time visitors to the tool will have to register their details into the tool. For this, click on the “New User” tab below the login details i.e Username and Password boxes. On clicking the New User tab, the registration page will appear. For companies who have taken the test in 2009 and had been approach by Frost & Sullivan for the test can find their names through clicking on the “2009 Registered Members” tab. Non Members as of 2009 can continue filling up the registration form. Email is an important part of the company details. All users are requested to input their official email address as the tool will match the company name along with the last part of the email details (URL) for authenticity reasons. Once all details along with the CAPTCHA are duly filled, please click the “Submit” tab.
For 2009 Registered Members: On clicking on the 2009 Registered Members tab, a similar registration page appears. Kindly fill in all details on the registration page. The names of companies can be found in the drop down menu for the Company Name tab. Email is an important part of the company details. All users are requested to input their official email address as the tool will match the company name along with the last part of the email details (URL) for authenticity reasons. Once all details along with the CAPTCHA are duly filled, please click the “Submit” tab.
Once the “Submit” tab is clicked, the page will direct you back to the Sign Page. However, you will now receive 2 emails from the tool. One email would provide you with the Username and Password that you have entered. The other will have an “Activation Link”, which needs to be clicked to get back to the tool and activate your account.
On activating the account, the tool can now be entered through entering the username and password details on the sign in page
Post “Sign Up” Details
To begin with, the tool has eight pages. To ensure the correct performance score is calculated by the tool, it is mandatory to record information for all eight pages. The tool will not allow users to move to subsequent pages without filling out details of the earlier page
The first page, “Company Details”, consists of general details of the company recoding the information in the tool. The other seven pages of the diagnosis tool represent the seven dimensions of the tool mentioned in the tool details on the home page.
To commence with the tool the following guidelines can be followed -
- Details of the tool can be read on the Home Page
- To enter the tool, click on the “Enter Capability Diagnosis Tool” link at the bottom of the Home Page or click on the “Capability Diagnosis Tool” tab on the main tool bar above.
- Once inside the tool, the eight pages of the tool would be visible below the main tool bar and the “Company Details” page would be automatically open.
- Enter in all the relevant details asked on the page and click the “Update Record” button at the bottom of the page.
Kindly Note: the “Update Record” button needs to be clicked to save the information entered on the page. If the button is not clicked, the tool would not allow moving onto the next page. This also holds true for all remaining seven pages of the tool.
- The “Reset” button on each page can be used to reset and re-enter all the information on that specific page.
- Once the “Update Record” button is clicked, the details of the page will be stored in the database and the page will reload and reappear again.
- At this point, the tool is ready to allow moving on to the next dimension page, which is the first dimension of the benchmarking tool – “Business Process”.
- Click on the “Next Dimension” tab at the bottom of the page to move to the next dimension.
- Similarly to the “Company Details” page, enter all relevant information and click on the “Update Record” button.
- Continue this process for all other dimensions
- After filling up the information for the final dimension – “Financial”, two buttons would be visible at the bottom of the “Financial” dimension page – “Calculate” and “Generate Report”.
- Click the “Calculate” button to save the information entered on the “Financial” dimension page and begin calculation for details entered on all other pages.
- Once the page reloads instantly, scroll down and click on the “Generate Report” button. A new page will appear which would display the Logistics Capability Diagnosis Result for the tool.
Logistics Capability Diagnosis Result Table
The Logistics Capability Result Table comprises of four columns
- The first column lists the seven dimensions of the tool
- The second column lists the “Weightages” assigned to the seven dimension based on their importance to a 3PL, freight forwarder, transporter or warehouse provider’s business
- The third column will display the calculated “Index Scores” for each dimension based on the information entered in the tool
- The fourth column will display the Performance of the company on each of the dimension, based on the Index Score obtained.
- The Orange “Capability Index Score” row below will display the total computed score for all seven dimensions for the company.
- The final row at the bottom will display the message to communicate the performance of the company. A typical message would look like – “Your Company Performance is Excellent”
The rows below the table will list the performance scale used to benchmark companies. The scale used is a five-point scale – “Below Average” – “Average” – “Satisfactory” – “Good” – “Excellent”
Other Links and Tabs
- Links for Best Practices and Improvement Areas
These links will open up PDF documents which can be saved on your desktops. These documents will provide areas of best practices in your specific areas of business as well as improvement areas for your specific area of business in relation to the Singapore logistics industry.
- Inquiry Form Or Assistance Tab
Members can enter any queries, comments, suggestions and inquiries in the box that appears on clicking this tab. The inquiries and comments would go directly to Spring Singapore and The Singapore Logistics Association.
- Compare 2009 and 2010 Score
This tab will provide 2009 and 2010 score for only those members who have taken the test in both years. Please note that in 2009, Frost & Sullivan manually conducted the test in 2009. The current tool is the electronic form of the test in 2010.
- Distribution of Companies Chart 2010
This tab will display a chart which will indicate where you company stand as against other companies in Singapore as well as against the industry average performance score.
The “Report Center” Tab can be found on the main toolbar on the Sign In page. This tab will open up a 2009 Benchmarking Assessment Report Executive Summary, which is a PDF document of the Benchmarking study conduct for the Singapore logistics industry in 2009 by Frost & Sullivan.